Thursday, May 26, 2016

End of the Year Reflections

It's that time of the year again, TIME TO REFLECT!
This time: End of the Year

     When you are in this class, you learn some excellent life skills you need in life. Some important things that I learned during this class was to be organized, time management, and responsibility. In order to do survive and pass this accelerated class, you need to be organized and find everything quick and easy. From my past experiences, Mrs. Larson will ask for papers back when you started. Use your resources and use them to organize by unit, class, or even importance. You also want to keep track of time. Homework is not easy most of the time, so that means you need more time to work on it. You do not have a TARDIS or a time machine, so use your time wisely. If it is a big blog like this, start it a week before it is due. There, you can finish the last paragraph the last day before it is due. You also want to be more responsible with your actions and work. If you forgot to do an assignment, you will be punished. Based on that, these are skills developed throughout the years, watching the little pink sheets fly everywhere to irresponsible students.

     Mrs. Larson always refers back to guides handed out a month or two ago. So that means you will constantly look back to them and remember them for the rest of your life. There is this sheet called the TIQA format that was constantly being asked for. From that, you will never forget how to start your sentences, introduce a quote, and analyze it in a formal, professional way. Keeping papers like the TIQA format is very wise to do. In fact, you will remember this for the rest of your life.

     Students help you out in some ways. They helped me out by coming to my table to explain the AoW. I do not have many friends in this class, which causes me to be alone most of the times during Galley Walk. Other people have other preferences. So, when I sit in my chair ready to present, I usually just watch others. Based of from loneliness, the nicest thing someone ever did for me was to come to my table and actually listen for what I have to say.

     As a student, you make an impact on students throughout the year. I realized it now, but I helped out a student. I helped the student be more organized by writing down their homework. He always asked me, "What's for homework,?" Literally, every day in the middle of the night, he asked that question. Now that I told him to do what I do, he writes down his homework assignments. This made him more aware on events happening the next day and prepared for random call ups and gets a hand.

     You improve on the little or big things constantly. It is either in writing, drawing, or playing an instrument. I improve on studying, which I am really proud of. We have a test to take every week, the classic, Vocabulary Test. There are new words every week that are not so familiar. You really need to study in order to get a good grade. Almost all the test I aced. I found out that colors and flashcards are perfect to study with. I will never forget the strategy I created myself. It will be useful again, I know it will.

     Like every story, there are challenges the character must face. In my story, I have a struggle with word choice. As you read through, my words are very simple and sometimes plain. I always wanted to use words like Discombobulated, but I do not know where to put it. I always wanted to write a very descriptive blog, but I do not have the skill to. I guess I forgot most of the vocabulary words since I do not use them on a regular basis. I also have a fear of loosing accelerated classes since I do not use sophisticated words.

     No matter what, you have an opinion on your best work. On my first post, I have only two sentences in one paragraph. It was not enough. Going back to the present, you see major, major changes in your writing. In fact, you might have a favorite. I am most proud of my narrative twist Karma. This gave me freedom and an idea on how my writing should be. I used words mike Madam, which was really fun to mess around. It also gave the story more silliness, but serious at the same time. Karma was one of my favorite blog/assignment I have ever done in ELA.

     You read books no matter what day or time it is. You might do it for a challenge, or for fun. I started the first book of Harry Potter and fell in love with it instantly. I always had a thing for fantasy and witchcraft, which is why I decided to start now. When I was younger, I was often recommended to read these books, but I refused by the thickness of the book. As you read it, you loose count of the pages, which is the beauty of the book. The story is magical, the characters are well though out, its marvelous. From that, Harry Potter is my favorite book/series yet.

     This is dedicated for the 6th Graders at Heritage Middle School. If you are selected to go to Mrs. Larson's class, NEVER DO THE WORK ON THE LAST DAY! This is one of the most important skill you need to develop in order to survive this class. You will not regret it, I promise. You will not believe how long you would stay up if you do it Thursday night. You also want to be organized. Keep your papers separate from each other. If you are selected, you want to practice this over the summer.


















No comments:

Post a Comment